pages

May 11, 2011

Good Read - "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" by, Gregory Maguire


I recently watched Disney's "Cinderella" with my two kids for the first time since childhood.  I loved it, loved it, loved it!  Watching my children experience the movie for the first time was magical experience in itself.  It reminded me of a book a read a couple of years ago that tells the story from the "ugly stepsister's" point of view.  It was written by Gregory Maguire who also wrote "Wicked".  I think this is the better of the two books!  For a better description and a great deal on a used copy, follow this link to Amazon.com  Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister . There are so many great books out there to read that I don't usually read one twice, but I may have to make an exception with this one. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book, have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one one yet, but I have read Wicked and Son of Witch. Both were pretty good! I'll have to pick this one up soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues