pages

June 20, 2011

Meaningful Person of the Month - Dionne Williams

Dionne Williams - One of our fantastic interns!
Dionne is one of our very dedicated UNPAID interns who has donated her time and energy to our company (Bellflower Books) because she believes in our product and truly enjoys helping others.  When I interviewed Dionne for the internship, I was so impressed with her intellect and maturity and with how genuinely interesting she was.  I had Dionne write her own Bio to be showcased on this blog.  Please continue reading to learn more about a very impressive young woman...

In her own words....

Hey!  My name is Dionne Williams.  I am a junior at Bowling Green State University studying creative writing.  I have always had a connection with words.  From reading to music, I have always enjoyed the way that they can make a simple statement into a powerful emotion.  I always say, if you're going to say something make sure it's worth saying.  I write poetry, short stories and occasionally lyrics. Upon my graduation, I want to be a jingle writer.  I seem to have a knack for making catchy slogans.  My leisure activites include writing parodies and singing every Disney song that pops into my head, while making dances for talent shows.  I am currently the public relations chair for Sigma Kappa Theta Upsilon.  One interesting fact about me is that I am only 4 feet 11 inches tall, which is one inch less than a midget.

I am originally from Cincinnati, OH.  Go Bengals!  I attended Hughs Center high school, which is across the street from the University of Cincinnati. During my senior year of high school I had the opportunity to enroll in the University of Cincinnati for English and Math and entered BGSU with enough credits to be considered a sophmore. So, technically, if you judge my class standing I am a senior.

Another interesting fact about me is that I have only had two jobs in my entire life.  One was a King's Island Amusement Part in Mason, OH. This is a big park with rides and attractions like Cedar Point or Coney Island.  I worked there for four years in food service and every year I was promoted.  Thanks to King's Island, I can make a pepperoni pizza in a minute.  My current job is a lab monitor at the Wolfe Viewing Center on BGSU's campus.

What I wish for my future is to be happy like everyone else.  I knwo my major isn't very lucrative, but it makes me extremely happy and as long as you have happiness you are the richest person in the world!  I love to make people laugh and smile and pursuing a career in marketing makes me able to do everything I love; write poetry, make music and spread love!

1 comment:

  1. Dionne, you sound like you have a wonderful future ahead of you! Good luck with your writing.

    I used to work in marketing and can tell you that it's the best career ever. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues